Thursday 28 September 2017

Useful Classroom Expressions


Can I see your exercises, please?
Can you read this word?
Can you speak louder?
Can you spell it, please?
Can you write it on the board, please?
Could you repeat that, please?
Do you understand?
First listen, and then repeat.
Give me some more examples, please.
Has anyone got a spare pen/pencil/rubber?
How do you spell … , please?
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.
Is this correct/right?
Keep going.

Let’s practise that again.
Please do the following exercises.
Put your hand up if you don’t understand.
Put your hand up if you know the answer.
Say it in English, please!
Say it more slowly.
Say it with me.
Say the whole sentence, please.
Shall I go on?
Show me your work.
Tell me the answer.
What does …. mean?
What page are we on?
What’s the English word for … ?
Who has finished?



You can find a good list in this link.



No comments: